[Sussex] Wired Network Talk...

Antony ar at f2s.com
Sat Sep 29 20:18:29 UTC 2007

> Anyway, next month the plan is to do a talk on wired networking - both
> the hardware and the software - including practicals.  So, if everyone
<snip>
> have a play and do some packet capture.

Can I add a request to try some performance analysis/explanation as
well?

I got a D-Link Gigabit switch and gave it time to train to my mac
addresses, but it ran at about 20% the speed of a crossover cable.
So I returned it and forked out the extra for a Netgear equivalent
(DG834G), and guess what?  8-(

The concensus seems to be that Consumer Networking Kit Is C**p, but I
can't help wondering if there's a way to give it a helping hand.....

Anthony