[Sussex] Sound on Linux Distros

FRANK JAMES frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 6 11:09:53 UTC 2008

I wonder how many people encounter snags with sound on Linux? Sometimes it works and othertimes it seems difficult and then when it does work we forget what we did to make it work.

On ubuntu I have no problems except with the sound record program, audacity is fine, skype is fine, echolink is fine. Knowledge seems hard to get.

PX linux gnome refuses to record at all. Although I think a file or two may be corrupted.

If someone can give me a bit of advice I would be very pleased.

Frank James

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/