[Sussex] Email Not Getting Through

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Apr 25 09:30:27 UTC 2008

Richie

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:38 +0100, Richie Jarvis wrote (in another
thread):
> Note: I've been trying to reply to this all day - lets see if this one
> gets through!

Where you sending from your home account?  The list policy is to
silently drop any non-signed up email address as this was almost always
(>95%) spam and after discussion on this list some time back, it was
decided that sending rejection messages would only add to the spam
problem for others and that was not what we wanted.  There is a note to
this effect on the web site.

Should the policy be change?  Should a note be placed on the bottom of
every out bound message to remind everyone?  How many people read the
signature every time?

If any one has a opinion then I'm happy to discuss and go with the
consensus.  This means that under the new ISO model [1] if I don't like
what I'm hearing I'll reduce the number of people who's opinions matter
until everyone agrees with me.

Steve

[1]
http://topicmaps.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/the-norway-vote-what-really-happened/