[Sussex] Finding pc hardware details in Linux

petermoule2 at tiscali.co.uk petermoule2 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:13:05 UTC 2008

Written by David Pipe.  Knowledgeable in Windows NOT LINUX!

Peter is using PCLinux as his OS with KDE providing the GUI.

I need to know how to find out the hardware details of my PC plus  ram etc.
In Windows it is easy as you just right click on My Computer and pick
properties.  This  then shows me the PC details and another tab giving details
of peripherals such as graphics adaptors, USB and printer ports.

Can you advise me how to get this information in PCLinux.

Thanks