[Sussex] The Moot Talks

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Feb 3 14:31:09 UTC 2008

Hi Guys

As we don't have a volunteer to give a talk this month looks like I'm
going to have to volunteer someone.  So I pick you, you and you.

A long time ago we did a set of lighten talks and one of the presenters
that night did "Ten Tips In Ten Minutes".  I'm going to build on that.

Everyone (yes everyone) must must give three useful tips on how to
improve the Linux experience.  There is no limit limit on what the tip
can be.  Tips on installation, tips on sharing data with that other OS I
can't quite remember the name of at the moment :-).  No limit on
subject.  Just one on time:  one minute per tip.  So there's no need to
do a Impress presentation, you won't be given the time to set it up.

If you're thinking that you don't know anything you're wrong.  We have
all leaned something the hard way and learnt from bitter experience how
to do things better.  Let's pass that knowledge on.

Future talks
============

Anyone wanting to give a talk please let me know and I'll book you in.

Anyone wanting a talk given then post to the list, maybe someone can
talk about it but doesn't think anyone would be interested - that's what
I thought about vi.

As there are a number of us also interested in photography maybe someone
(or sometwo) should give a talk on that.  Vicky, as you don't use a
digital camera maybe you could talk about your digitisation work flow?
People talking about using the Gimp would also be useful for this.
Anyone else?

Steve Dobson

Weekends were made for programming.
-- Karl Lehenbauer