[Sussex] Secure connections

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:40:01 UTC 2008

I have tried the various combinations but all refuse. By authentication
I assume userid and password for gmail but it fails even before asking
for authentication. I shall try again though.

I am assuming it is actually possible to bypass the tiscali smtp and to
use gmail directly. The message I was getting from Tiscali was use the
'gmail servers instead'. I am sorry I don't have exact wording of message.