[Sussex] Moot Attendance List

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Jan 29 15:32:10 UTC 2008

To Whom It May Concern

(I never thought I'd be addressing an e-mail to SLUG with those words)

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 15:00 +0000, Sussex wrote:
> The following people have signed up to the Sussex Linux
> User Group meeting on Thursday 31 January 2008.
<snip>
> Simple Simon

I've just noticed this name on the list of mooters for Thursday.

I get the impression that this is a "nom de plume".  I might be wrong,
but as
the purpose of the list of attendees is to satisfy the Heath and Safety
regs
that the insures of the Holbrook Club impose I can not accept this
unless it
is the persons real name.

I have now deleted that name from the list.

If this is your real name then please accept my apologies and just sign
up
again.  I will take no further action. other than to confirm this
against the
ID that you will bring along on the night.

If you just signed up using it as a bit of fun I sorry we can't accept
names
like this.  As Holbrook graciously don't charge us for the room I feel
that
we should do nothing to cause them any grief.  Oh, and I won't need to
see
any form of ID (unless you want your GPG key signed).

Sorry to be such a stick in the mud.
Steve Dobson

Call me bored, but don't call me boring.
-- Larry Wall in <199705101952.MAA00756 at wall.org>