[Sussex] Make IE 7 crash

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Jan 31 14:39:08 UTC 2008

John/Antony

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:28 +0000, John Crowhurst wrote:
> On Thu, January 31, 2008 11:09, Antony wrote:
> > "Tim Smith" <timsmith714 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Don't know about IE but Opera crashed twice trying to read the email!
> >> Now all I need is IE to include an anti-bookmark list
> >
> > Another annoyance is those sites that gobble 100% CPU, so that most
> > times you can't even close the tab.  I kill the browser and with it the
> > open tabs list, which if you're like me is a todo list in itself.  And
> > it's tricky to restart the browser, since the rogue page is now in the
> > current tabs list: use it or lose it.
> >
> > Workarounds, anyone?
>
> Stop using IE?
>
> I'm sure firefox should be written with a timer that counts down when a
> tab or windows has stopped responding and gives the user the chance to
> stop or close it without affecting the other sessions. A feature that
> flushes the memory when you close a tab would be useful too.

Just  hit the stop button, that aborts the loading of the current tab.
I've just tried it and that's what happened.  Normally  I just hit the
kill button on the tab if the page isn't loading to my liking and that
works too.  And I can do that to a backgrounded tab, it doesn't have to
be the one on display.