[Sussex] Mandriva Gnome Desktop

Peter Moule petermoule2 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 13:20:43 UTC 2008

Having switched over "Full Monty" Mandriva and GNOME 2.2 Peter & I find
it more stable but have a "few" (about 50 so far) niggles.

In PCLinux/ KDE, and in Mandriva/KDE you can right click on the desktop
and arrange the alphabetically, grid and vertically / horizontally.  How
can you do this with GNOME - it only seems to have keep aligned on right
click?  Full answers please as we are still learning on GUI.

The reason I need to know this is in case another archive is unpacked to
the desk top without a folder.  The items were scattered all over the
desktop and we "lost" a couple which seem to have disappeared  off the
desktop.  I know this because I checked the contents of the archive
against what was on the desktop.

Thanks,
Dave Pipe