[Sussex] detecting network card on Sony Vaio

Steve Redshaw sr at steveredshaw.idps.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 16:25:21 UTC 2008

I am writing this on my Googlemail account, using Firefox, connected through
Linux - yippee...

thanks Desmond for those firmware files - I installed them, then tried to
configure the network, but it wouldn't even find my network card - oh no, I
thought, another obstacle!!!

however on a reboot I was able to configure the network effortlessly, I feel
I am getting somewhere now with Linux - thanks again all members for support
and advice - I am thinking of coming over for the next Moot with my laptop
that I can't get Mandriva installed on...

Steve Redshaw