[Sussex] Paul's e-mail

FRANK JAMES frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 23 20:27:41 UTC 2008

Subject:	 Re: [Sussex] my wifi signal indicator
Date:	Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:13:19 -0700
If you do get the Ubuntu sharing sorted I would be
interested to know how you did it.
Paul wrote:-
It takes me minutes on PCLOS but I gave up on Ubuntu
after hours of thinking I had got there and finding
no, it didn't work.
It seemed to have something to do with not being able
to assign a name to the host and joinging my windows
workgroup.

I have the printer sharing working fine, however I
have a mixed network with Mac, Debian and Ubuntu.
Although I have followed the screencast on Samba many
times I cannot get it all working properly. I had
Debian reading a Ubuntu file, however the only really
working bit is the printer sharing.
Frank

This mail comes from a computer with Ubuntu 8 and it needs no anti virus gear!