[Sussex] RFID cards security

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Mar 14 23:39:47 UTC 2008

Evening

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 23:42 +0200, Davut Topcan wrote:
> I agree to you.. I worked on the RFID systems.. very easy read and
> write.. but I don't think They will use RFID with CREDIT Card...

I don't know, there are some pretty stupid people out there.

I heard that one politician had been sold the idea that by using RFID in
paper money.  Then someone with a clue (and not trying to sell the
technology) pointed out that all a mugger would need is a RFID reader
and he could scan a potential victim to determine how much cash they
carried before committing the crime.

As you worked in the industry Davut maybe you know if that story is
actually true.

Steve Dobson

One-Shot Case Study, n.:
The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from which it is
concluded all clovers possess four leaves and are sometimes green.