[Sussex] Re: [Brighton-lug-misc] Linux and job..

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Mar 18 16:33:40 UTC 2008

Davut

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 15:17 +0200, Davut Topcan wrote:
> This is not a spam mail. I'm still looking for a job. I'm planning to
> move to the place where i commit to work. I think my previous mail was
> misunderstood, i revised it and  sent it again. If you cannot help me,
> do not reply to this message.

What makes you think that prostituting your IT skills (many non-Linux)
is not commercial?  And what make you think that posting the same
message[1] to different lists is not bulk?  I class this as spam.

You obviously think that the LUG lists are there for any member to use
as they wish, I disagree.  While I would not presume to speak for
BrightonLUG I can, and do, speak for SussexLUG.  I am the SLUG list
admin, and thus I am the last person you should piss off.  To late, you
have.  In the 5+ years I've been list admin for SLUG I have never had to
mark a member for moderation.  Congratulations, you are the first.

If you wish to further discuss the use to which SLUG can be used, or
other topics of a Linux nature, I will approved such uncensored.  But
should a post contain further advertisements of your skills they will be
rejected.  You have been warned.

BLUGers:  My apologies for wasting your bandwidth with this, but as he
posted here I felt in polite to also include my comments on this forum.

SLUGers

If you feel that my blocking Davut is going to far please voice your
objections.  If you feel that it was right or to lenient those opinions
are welcome too.  Anyone not commenting I will assume will accept any
decision reached by those that do.

Steve

[1] BLUGers: The only different to Davat's reply to me on BLUG and this
replay to Jon on SLUG was the person he addressed the e-mail to and the
"If you cannot help me, do not reply to this message" part, that was
only on BLUG.

--
Steve Dobson

Ye've also got to remember that ... respectable people do the most
astonishin'
things to preserve their respectability. Thank God I'm not respectable.
-- Ruthven Campbell Todd