[Sussex] List Policy (Removal of submissions)

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri May 9 23:18:57 UTC 2008

> A few days back the admins for the LUG.ORG.UK server were contacted by
> an ex Sussex member asking for his postings to our list to be deleted.
>
> So what should we do?

My own view on this is that any post that was so terrible as to be likely to cause WW3 or the SLUG to be sued for hideous libel would have been removed shortly after it had been posted. All posts that remain are surely part of the substance of this group - something to which both past & present members have contributed. I strongly feel that the "revisionist" step of removing a past member's submissions would be a bad thing.

My tuppence worth.

Gavin.

A laptop is just a computer you can hug.