[Sussex] The Wi-Fi button

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Thu May 22 09:55:21 UTC 2008

Hi Desmond

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 10:42 +0100, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> I have installed Linux on a Compaq Presario V4000 laptop.
> The problem I have is that I cannot switch on the Wi-Fi. There is a
> button for this and it does nothing. In Windows it toggles the Wi-Fi on
> and off. any ideas?

I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but a little bell in the back of my
mind is saying that you have to configure the button daemon to map
buttons to their functions.  I think I saw this as something I needed to
do for my laptop (Debian) but I never did get around to it.  Can't help
you any better than that, sorry.

Steve Dobson

Life Sucks. Cynical, misanthropic male, 34, looking for soul mate but
certain not to find her. Drop me a note. I'll call you, we'll talk and
I'll ask you out to dinner where I'll probably spend more than I can
afford in a feeble attempt to impress you. Then we'll realize we have
absolutely nothing in common and we'll go our separate ways, more
embittered and depressed than before (if such a thing is possible).