[Sussex] Moot 27 November.

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Fri Nov 28 12:36:48 UTC 2008

Hi Gavin, other Mooters and everyone else

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 00:26 +0000, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> The illustrated Talk by Gavin was especially appreciated.
> I have several users are in to audio so I shall do some more work there.

I would like my own thanks for your talk last night.  As someone who
couldn't carry a tune if you gave me a tune carrying bucket I enjoy
seeing Linux being used in a way that I could never master.

After the moot Dave & I stayed for a little drink and a chat and we
cooked up the first two talks (and I'm going to add a third):

	Jan:	GnuPG	- Steve D
	Feb:	LaTeX	- Dave M
	Mar:	MythTV	- Richie J

GnuPG
=====
I gave a talk on this some years back, but we have many new faces since
then.  This talk will be aimed at getting people using encryption and
digital signing code.  I will be sending out a list of the software
lappie owners would need to have installed to set up their laptops at
the moot and we could then do a key signing.

LaTeX
=====
Both Dave and I are LaTeX users.  I have seen nothing better at
producing printed material - Books, articles, reports, business cards,
music sheets, bridge games, ....  It is very powerful typesetting and
page layout tool.

MythTV
======
MythTV is a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) like Sky+ only without the
restrictions.  We did have a talk on this years ago by someone no longer
a member and there has been a bit of chat over presenting this again.
Richie has probably got the most complex MythTV setup so who better than
him to give the talk.

If anyone else has a topic then would like to present either drop me a
e-mail either on or off list.

Steve Dobson

$3,000,000.