[Sussex] Moot 27 November.

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Sat Nov 29 09:32:49 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

Steve Dobson wrote:
> Hi Richie
>
> Richie Jarvis wrote:
>> Steve - I accept the challenge of a MythTV presentation....  Sounds like
>> fun....  Are you able to bring your MythTV backend in, as there will be
>> a mutiny in my house should I try and take mine down!
>
> No!  It will probably be recording something.  I am NOT pulling it and
> that's final.  My VCR is no longer under the telly - I switched to
> relying on MythTV years ago and I can't even remember why I last set up
> a VCR to record something.

Ah - you've finally hit the same thing I hit a while ago - inability to
take out the Mythbox ;)  Fair play....

> Why not just install it to your laptop for a quick demo.  While that
> does mean that you can demo record or live watching I don't think that
> really matters.  Recording is an invisible activity anyway, and "live"
> viewing and watching a recording are so similar I think you could get
> away with it.
I'll do that with the lappy - its got plenty enough horsepower to cope.

> If you want details on my set up for use with a Sky set top box just let
> me know.  I know you don't "approve" of digital-analogue-digital
> conversions that my system goes though but it is one of the possible
> setups.

A slide on the Sky aspect of recording off composite and controlling the
 Skybox would be good, if thats ok?

>> I have another talk I'd like to do at some point as well - using Midge
>> on a BR6104KP (http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/BR6104) to do backups -
>> that will be more hands on, and its not yet working properly, so might
>> take a while to get this one locked down.
>
> Do you want me to fix a date to give you deadline or will you just post
> when your ready to talk?
Urm....  Good question - let me ignore that one for a while ;)

> Steve
>
> P.S. Just switched to Icedove (Thunderbird) as my MUA - Still figuring
> out all the config changes I want done - but hopefully this e-mail will
> be signed.
Cool - welcome to a GUI email world - may you palms become sticky :)
PGP reported that only part of the email was signed - not sure which
part though!
> __
> Sussex mailing list
> Sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk