[Sussex] New Moot Attendance List for Testing

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Wed Oct 22 15:49:50 UTC 2008

Mooters

With the temporary loss of the website I have coded a new attendance
list form.  It needs testing - this is where you come in.

Please sign up for a dummy moot.  If it works we use it for next week
moot.

It's a bit primitive but you should get an email when you sign up and
when you confirm.  I've coded it so that the e-mails addresses you use
are not displayed so they can't be scraped by a spam address harvester.
I have the data structure to allow blocking of addresses but haven't
coded such as the old form was only "silly buggered" once in years.

Anyway it needs testing - do your damnedest and report any bugs and/or
suggestions to this thread.  Please make sure your clocks and watches
are set correctly (the server is NTPed) so I can check the Apache logs
against time or provide the IP address from which you surfed.

Bug reports that just say "It didn't work for me" will be treated with
derision and scorn.  I expect a bit more professionalism than the
standard "brain dead" dozer.  :-)

The address:
    http://slug.syscall.org.uk/

Steve Dobson

An elderly couple were flying to their Caribbean hideaway on a chartered
plane when a terrible storm forced them to land on an uninhabited
island. When several days passed without rescue, the couple and their
pilot sank into a despondent silence. Finally, the woman asked her
husband if he had made his usual pledge to the United Way Campaign.

"We're running out of food and water and you ask *that*?" her husband
barked. "If you really need to know, I not only pledged a half million
but I've already paid them half of it."

"You owe the U.W.C. a *quarter million*?" the woman exclaimed
euphorically. "Don't worry, Harry, they'll find us! They'll find us!"