No subject

Thu Sep 25 07:53:37 UTC 2008

and then
  # apt-get update
  # apt-get dist-upgrade

This is were I hit my first problem.  The WiFi link drops out. :-/

So I walk up stairs.  Pull the card from the laptop, wait a few secs, and push
it back in.  Link reestablished.

Retry the dist-upgrade (now in the same room as the base-station).  Link goes down.

Plug Cat-5 into the laptop, and try the same operation over the LAN.  That works.

I've now been using it for a while now and the link just drops ever so often.
Doesn't appear to be a loading problem.  I have managed to install a number of
packages (one at a time) over it.  Also the link as been dropped when I'm just
doing a little light (ssh) work.  But pulling and pushing the card re-establish
the link every time.

BTW For those of you that spotted the Linux based WiFi hub on /. on Friday.  I've
contacted the company and should be getting the details shortly.