No subject

Thu Sep 25 07:53:37 UTC 2008

Shack - deep fried catfish and jumbalay is a real Christmas dish ;)

> and I thought about it cause I actually considered a
> convenient place for Mrs
> Ford to get access to as well as any other members who need
> good access.. that
> was all.

There are two good points here -

1. Access.   I agreee that this is a concern.  Good thinking.

2. Partners.  Natalie is on the list, and is a geek ("chicks dig LINUX" -
although in Natalies case that should read "Ladies prefer LINUX, but they
marry OS X"), however, should we bring partners with us?  In some respects
this would make yet another christmas meal / night out more politically
acceptable for those of us who are married.  In all likelyhood the Mrs's
won't want to come - but they do like to be invited ;)

> most places to meet for drinks and food by now are a real
> bitch to reserve.

Agreed.  Thus we should go for somewhere people wouldn't book for Christmas.
I dunno about you guys but I won't be needing another portion of turkey
around that time ;)

> Still if we are all in consensus as to no at Gatwick is there
> somewhere where
> we can ensure
>
> 1. Ease of Access for all members
> 2. Good available parking and transport
> 3. good choice of meals and drinks.
> 4. options of after meal entertainment ....

On the first point:  Lets take a vote. Mail in (by Friday please - lets keep
it breif) either for Gatwick, Brighton, or make a suggestion of your own.
Please don't suggest Rye, or Chichester! - let's try and keep to the line
running roughly through the center of Sussex, I know this is a long way for
some of you, but it's the fairest in general

> Ho hum

Ho -hum  indeed...

- Geoff
--
GJT
geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company