[Sussex] Laptop repair

Antony ar at f2s.com
Fri Sep 5 13:23:35 UTC 2008

> From: "Jon Greenwood" <jon.a.greenwood at googlemail.com>
> Laptop repair (in sussex/kent, if possible). Who do you trust?
<snip>
> PPS. My next post is likely to ask for 2nd hand laptop recommendations

If a new battery and cleaning doesn't fix your X31 take a look at the
X40.  I'm hankering after one as an affordable Eee-on-steroids, so after
GooglingMAO I'll ask...  :-)

 - Where's a reputable source for thinkpads, preferably local?
 - Where can the MT model numbers be deciphered?
 - Are some models really easier to live with?  These specs* claim the
 Pentium 738 v 758 models vary by 7dB and 3hrs running time on the same
 battery capacity, etc.  Perhaps that's why eBay prices seem
 inconsistent...

Anthony

*
http://review.zdnet.com/4504-3121_16-0.html?tag=pageNav&orderby=&qt=&x=45&y=12&id=31152331&id=31307667