[Sussex] pppoa

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 11:04:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, April 3, 2009 10:40, Angus Robinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am wanting to get pppoa up and running on a redhat linux box, i have
> put the modem in to bridge mode and have tried wtih pppoe but unable to
> connect something about "Timeout waiting for PADO packets". I can not
> find any infomation about pppoa on linux besides USB modems and they
> come with their own software. Has anybody used linux to connect on
> tiscali ADSL ?

I googled it:
http://www.sfgoth.com/~mitch/linux/atm/pppoatm/

However, its no longer being maintained so YMMV. You won't be able to use
PPPoE for PPPoA since the protocol is totally different. Broadband
providers are phasing out PPPoA in favor of PPPoE though, perhaps because
there is more support for it.

Why are you doing bridging on your router and not simply handling the
conversion from PPPoA to Ethernet on the router?

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support