[Sussex] Secure printing

Brendan BT Account d740whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 5 16:44:14 UTC 2009

We are quoting for an NHS job where they want secure transmission of
patient data. HTTPS will securely handle information between browsers
and the servers and we can encrypt/password protect any downloadable
reports. However, printing would seem to be more tricky as by default
Postscript and raw text files (to label printers) are unencrypted.
Secure Jet  (http://www.artimbilisim.com/urun09/SecureJET.pdf) would
seem to be handle laser printers. Has anyone experience in encrypting
printer output or any suggestions?  Thanks, Brendan