[Sussex] [Fwd: [Surrey] Linux Format free to download for 24 hours only]

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:22:18 UTC 2009

Hi Graig

CRAIG PEACOCK wrote:
> They also claim that they may never do this again.

Surely if this is an experiment on their part then they have a right not
to repeat it.

> Their magazine uptake rose by 13-16% or something near there
> last year while many other magazines were dropping off their perches.

I thing this is a result of Linux gain in the market place.

> It's their gift to say thanks I believe.
>
> I know I read that someone on that page but I can't find it again
> to clarify the exact numbers.

Well me with my cynical hat on sees it more as an way of advertising
their magazine.  Not that I think there is anything wrong with that.  I
wrote to the editor asking for permission to re-distribute.  I know
someone who is on the verge of installing Linux and having a mag to help
him learn may be all he needs.  Got permission too.

My email and Paul's response is below.

Steve