[Sussex] [Fwd: [Surrey] Linux Format free to download for 24 hours only]

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu Mar 5 14:38:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 07:30:04PM +0000, CRAIG PEACOCK wrote:
>    I know that it's been mentioned before, in fact somewhere in the forums
>    there are a number of posts regarding this subject.
>    The gist of Paul Hudson's response was that it's not something that they
>    would be looking to do.

Quite annoying that they're so against allowing digital subscriptions -
Linux Journal in the US have been doing it for some years now. For them,
the benefits of having additional subscribers outweighs the losses that
occur through illegal distribution (and I'd imagine the people who get
their electronic copies illegally wouldn't buy a subscription anyway).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/