[Sussex] Littlehampton LUG

Dave English Dave at lutnos.com
Fri May 1 09:32:48 UTC 2009

In message <24543.47996.qm at web86711.mail.ird.yahoo.com>, FRANK JAMES
<frank.james4 at btinternet.com> writes
>I am  trying to send this to the Sussex LUG as well, but have to rejoin
>their message set up first.
>
>I put my request to the LUG admin some time ago and they have replied
>to me asking me to seek support or otherwise.
>
>I am not sure whether I could cope with what is required of me, but at
>least I can look around and see whether anyone in the district is
>interested.
>
>I copied Fay's example of East Grinstead and hope that it won't do me any harm!
>
>Hoping to hear a reply or two.
>
>Frank Jammes
>
>This may come from a Dell with Ubuntu or from an Asus Eee PC series
>midget lap top with another Linux Distro, this time "Easy Peasy".
>Sometimes I use a minimac. I can assure you that I no longer use XP
>and Vista is almost unknown to me. The LUG groups are very active
>world wide!
>

>[ A MIME application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.text part was included here. ]

For those of you that don't want to open unknown documents, this is
what Frank said:

        Hallo everyone. I live in East Preston, getting to Horsham
        presents problems, getting to Guildford for a bab is not too
        bad. Littlehampton LUG is inactive. I applied to activate it and
        the response was "Find out whether there will be support for
        it". So I am doing so.

        Now someone wants to reactivate the Worthing LUG, that's not at
        all difficult for me. I haven't heard much more about that. I am
        not keen on boozy do's so meeting in a pub for a chat is not my
        idea of fun, although I like a pint!

        I am absolutely sold on Linux and would like to help introduce
        people to it. However I am not in the first flush of youth nor
        an educated computer person.

        Please consider whether you would like the Littlehampton LUG
        reactivated, and if so would you be able to help?

Frank's already been admonished in the Surrey LUG list for sending an
essentially text attachment to lists ;-)
Dave English - dave at lutnos.com