[Sussex] thinkmap

Dennis Dryden ddryden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:47:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, John Crowhurst
<info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My sister does a lot of driving for her work. She works as an NVQ assessor
> so she has to expense all the mileage to her employer.
>
> I suggested that she store all her distances in a spreadsheet but it would
> be nice to have a clickable thingy like ThinkMap so she can easily click
> and find out the distance from A to B or A to C or even B to C.
>
> Any ideas?

Hello,
Googlemaps will do the distances for her, just right click on the
start point and select "From Here" then right click the end point and
click "To Here". This will give her the best route as well if she
wants to plan her day while calculating the distances.

Then if she needs to add a way point you can drag the purple line and
it gives you an alternate route. If the waypoint was a stopping place
you can right click it and choose "Stop Here" and it adds the waypoint
as a intermediate destination and gives you a breakdown of the millage
from waypoint to waypoint and a total at the top.

Hope that helps,
Dennis