[Sussex] Dual monitor Ubuntu

Antony ar at f2s.com
Sat Oct 31 18:58:06 UTC 2009

Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Karl Manning <karl.manning at silkwebs.co.uk> [2009-10-27 08:58]:
> > Could anyone recommend please a fairly cheap dual VGA graphics card that is
> > compatible with Ubuntu Jaunty? I just need it for a demo.
> ** end quote [Karl Manning]
[snip]
> I'm driving a pair of
> ancient Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400 17" CRT screens at the moment,
> although this will have to change when the slightly dodgy one finally gives up

I'm pretty sure I've a spare 17" CRT with your name on it Paul, drop me
a PM if interested.

I'm using a G550 with Dapper, which gives the same on both monitors more
or less by default.  Those cards and the G4xx series are very affordable
now.  Another likely option is to add a PCI graphics card alongside the
existing PCI/AGP/onboard: AFAIK there's little difference between that
and using a single dual output card.

Anthony