[Sussex] Sharing Wifi Access - Help Please

Steve Dobson steve at dobbo.org
Sun Apr 25 22:35:14 UTC 2010

Hi Desmond

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> On 25/04/10 22:21, Fay Zee wrote:
>> When we hold our moots we don't all have Internet access.
> Another aspect of the Wi-Fi access is that the signal in that
> outbuilding is not very good. As they are putting up the entrance fee,
> perhaps they could consider installing another access point?

IIRC when that AP was installed the problem was where to place it.
While they (the management) wanted it in the main building they couldn't
for cost reasons.  I don't think there are any telephone cabling between
the office building and the main building and the cost of installing
appropriate cabling was way to much.  I don't think a modest increase to
£3 would allow that just for the SLUG once a month meeting.