[Sussex] blown computer

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 10:13:15 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

I had an old HP desktop form factor machine as of last night that I used
to duplicate and backup customer hard drives. It looks like the
motherboard has fried, but I suspect its socket 423.

I do have a spare socket 478 processor in a machine with a blown motherboard.

My question is:

If I buy a motherboard with built in Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor, will it
run faster than the 2.4GHz Socket 478 processor or would it be better to
buy a Socket 478 motherboard and salvage the processor?

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support