[Sussex] Bad motherboard or processor?

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 08:28:37 UTC 2010

I have a hardware question, since my new laptop works like a dream on Linux.

My main machine has a problem:

1. I can type and not see the text on the screen, then it gets over its
senior moment and empties the keyboard buffer to the screen.
2. Videos freeze for a short time and play again.
3. Youtube videos glitch and play from the start.

I've never seen a bad processor, so I've no experience of when one goes
bad. Its usually motherboard.

The machine had a bad CPU fan, one of those supposedly quiet ones that
ended up touching its blades on the heatsink and promptly failing to
start.

What would I experience if my processor was on the way out, and does
anyone have any idea as to why the motherboard is having senior moments.

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support