[Sussex] Eldy - easy computer for our seniors

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 22:48:50 UTC 2010

Enlightening demo of Eldy by Frank last week.

Eldy is sotware for the elderly.

The screen presents users with nice, large buttons, and just the 6
that are necessary. Research showed this was what their target users
wanted more than anything.

If you have relatives who might benefit, take a look.

Screenshots are on this page - http://www.eldy.eu/help/ - right under
where it says "PRESENTATIONS OF PROJECT"

The main screen is called the Square and the buttons are:
mail
walk in internet
weather
chat
eldy tv
useful

There's a lovely bit on one of the pages of that site:

Give it a try.
Spend an afternoon teaching your mother or father; it can be an
incredible experience for both of you.
Teach the people who taught  you how to walk, how to surf the
Internet!
Welcome to Eldy!

Frank, I'll bring along my wireless card next time so you don't have
so much trouble connecting to the Internet.

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group
www.eglug.org.uk