[Sussex] Upgraded to ubuntu 10.04 and got a few snags......

john davis johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:55:44 UTC 2010

Yes, you are of course correct Desmond, I should have not trusted the
package manager - though it's not done a bad job with the various
incarnations of Debian that I've tried.

So it's just the small niggles with 10.04 and the fact that it's screwed my
vista/ubuntu dual boot......

The 10.04 seems pretty good but I have to use messenger for a once a week
video conference call to the US........

On 3 May 2010 20:20, "Desmond Armstrong" <desmond.armstrong at gmail.com>
wrote:

On 03/05/10 17:02, john davis wrote:
> Wotcha List,
>
> So, the main snag is, that initially I ran t...
I am preferring to do clean install, after all, the '/home' remains the
same.
The upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to Mandriva 2010 was reasonable, but I
found some new features missing so ended up, not re-installing but
running through, as one can quite easily with Mandriva and installing
the missing bits.

 From years of experience, I have never been happy with upgrades so
always prefer to do clean install of the '/' partition.

I will add that I am impressed with 10.04 (on my eee) and will be
installing it on somebody's machine on Friday. I just hope that the
grub2 works correctly for me and allows dual booting of 09.10 and 10.04.

__
Sussex mailing list
Sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk
E-mail Address: sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk