[Sussex] Extra long projector cable required for April moot

'Fay Zee' sussex at eglug.org.uk
Tue Apr 26 17:37:22 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Gavin is presenting this month.

We may have a small problem, since although the meeting room comes
equipped with a projector, we have to supply our own PC-to-projector
cable.

I always bring my own but it is only standard length - and the
projector is ceiling-mounted. So we have to place a chair onto the
table, place the laptop onto the chair and then the presenter has to
stand by the chair if they want to work the laptop :-)

Unless the presentation is suitable for remote control.

I happen to have acquired a remote control, which we could test it
out.

But it would be great if someone who is attending could lend a cable
for the evening. My cable is 70" (just short of 6 foot), so I estimate
we need one at least 8 foot in length to reach the table top, and
preferably 10 foot to reach the front of the table where the presenter
normally sits.

The 15-pin socket requires male pins each end, but as it is a modern
projector there are probably other ports.

If you could help out I'm sure Gavin would appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Fay
Attendance List Manager
Sussex Linux User Group