[Sussex] Incorrect message headings

Steven Dobson steve at dobbo.org
Thu Feb 10 22:08:39 UTC 2011

Hi Fay

On 10/02/11 21:48, 'Fay Zee' wrote:
> On 10 February 2011 18:51, David Morris <dave at greenacre.no-ip.com> wrote:
>> Just noticed that the message headers are wrong on mail delivered from
>> the list (Almost sent my number to everyone rather than Steve.)
>
> Thanks Dave,
>
> Steve Dobson let me know an hour ago that he has fixed this.

No I was attempting to fix the signature appended to each message that
mailman sends.  It isn't working for me here on this
(Icedove/Thunderbird) or on my Android e-mail client.

Must look at it again, some time.

As far as I'm concerned it is still up to this list to decided if it
wants the messages posted to the list to come from
"sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk" or from the poster.

Having them come from "sussex at m.l.o.u" means that replies automaticlly
broken mail clients which don't handle mail-lists correctly this will
continue to work.

But as Dave points out this can be dangeours if you want to reply
privately to the poster.

Because it is the majority case, and because not all mail clients are
equally competent my vote is to leave things the way they are.

Steve "Dobbo" Dobson