[Sussex] Label and partition external hard drive

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 23 09:45:35 UTC 2011

I've used ntfs-3g with Gentoo for some time and it works very well. Gentoo
includes the necessary udev rules  for automounting ntfs partitions with
ntfs-3g as well, so it all works pretty much out of the box (as much as
anything Gentoo can be said to be "out of the box"). It has also been
completely reliable - more so than Windows 7 is.

Steve Williams.