[Sussex] PDF file printing problem

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Jan 18 10:00:14 UTC 2011

Happy New Year to everyone.

I have an annoying problem in that I can't get PDF files to print out.
I have a Hewlett-Packard Laserjet 4000N & I'm running Debian Squeeze.
The printer prints many other things with no problem.

It is connected to two computers via a data switch & is connected using
the parallel port.

The second PC is a dual-boot Debian Squeeze/Windows XP & PDF files
print out with no problem on Windows XP but will not print out on the
Debian installation on the second machine either.

I am rather baffled as to why this is the case & any thoughts would be
most welcome.

Thanks,

Gavin.