[Sussex] Surrey LUG and/Or Saturdays [Was: An introduction and Apache]

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Thu Jun 16 08:04:52 UTC 2011

> May I take this opportunity to ask the group what their main usage of
> Linux is? For me it's currently web hosting and eventually some little
> server ideas that I have (that is, if I can get my head around the
> code). Are any of you developers and contribute to any open projects?

I've been using *Nix as a hobby for many years, am now using it in my
job as a programmer, so it's the place where I develop in Perl, cobol,
and javascript - in roughly that order.

I recently submitted a patch that got included in a perl module for
using git, but I've only recently started code at that kind of level, so
that's my biggest claim to fame when it comes to open-source
contributions so far. Unless you count the articles and howto's  I've
written over the years, anyway..