[Sussex] New PC, frustration, frustration.

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Tue Jun 21 21:16:38 UTC 2011

Hello John,

On Tue, June 21, 2011 20:43, johnsemailaccount at gmail.com wrote:
> While the system found and allowed me to copy the music DVD's back to the
>  hard drive (well my /home/music), the machine doesn't seem to see the
> actual drive with an audio CD in it.

This is because an audio CD doesn't have a file system in the strictest
sense. Normal data CD's and DVD's have some form of file system (e.g.
ISO9660), which is why you can mount them and see the physical files on
them. Audio CD's follows different rules, because the format predates
computers.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins