[Sussex] Fwd: Re: New PC, frustration, frustration. - Update......

Steve Dobson steve at dobbo.org
Wed Jun 22 20:38:22 UTC 2011

Hi John

On 22/06/11 20:56, johnsemailaccount at gmail.com wrote:
> The problem CD still seems to play fine on the sound system downstairs,
> just not in a CD/DVD PC based player.
>
> Damn it's frustrating, because it's only the 2 tracks that I need to
> re-rip. The rest of the CD copied back to the hard drive fine.........

This is a complete guess because I have no knowledge but DRM can be
implemented in hardware.  It maybe that your new DVD/CD drive does have
some kind of DRM block on it that needs special software to enable it to
see (play) it.

If you rip the old DVD/CD drive out of the now dead system and plug it
in to your shine new one that may work. There maybe some jumpers that
need re-setting or you may need to pull your new DVD/CD drive while you
try this.  But if you don't mind opening your new box up (and possibly
invalidating your warranty) it might be worth a go.

Steve "Dobbo" Dobson