[Sussex] Acer laptops

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:07:09 UTC 2011

On 23/06/11 10:38, Simon Watson wrote:
> I've done OK with my Samsung NC10. Running Ubuntu 11.04 at the moment,
> with Unity 2d and can't fault it.

The Samsung NC10 is fine except for the webcam, I forget which it is but
I found that it was not supported under Linux, I hope you have a version
which is supported.

A 15" Samsung that I installed several years ago worked well except that
shut down was defective. With each new release the machine works better
and better. With the latest, the only thing still not working properly
is suspend, or rather, coming out of suspend. But, anything is better
than Vista.