[Sussex] Acer laptops

Jacqui Caren-home jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 23 10:54:59 UTC 2011

On 23/06/2011 10:22, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> On 23/06/11 10:03, aotley at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello list , I am thinking of getting an acer 5742z at a bargain 250 quid off ebuyer
>> Any one got much experience with acers and Linux .....concerns will be wireless drivers I guess,
>> Thanks in advance
>
> For a few £s more you can have a dual core such as:-
> http://www.simplyasus.com/ASUS_X52N-SX021V_988941.html
>
> Of all the machines I do I do find that Asus are far less hassle than anything.

I replaced our old acer with a amd_x64 powered machine from tesco for 199.
This is the wimpy amd64 processor but can still run openvz so I can install
openvz images and run them for demo's straing from home and work amd64
servers.

Nice cheap bit of kit - but I still like my old Acer's keyboard and trackpad.

Jacqui