[Sussex] RMS Talking at Sussex Uni

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Thu Mar 10 14:17:23 UTC 2011

> Oh, and Dominic, I liked your comment to the guy that doesn't get the
> GPL.  I read just after posting my comment along the same lines.

I'm beginning to think he's trolling, TBH - he's had the point hammered
home repeatedly but he's still apparently unable to grasp it.

I was a little disappointed not to have time to ask my question at the
end: If copyright were limited back to five years as he proposed, then
the vast majority of GNU code would be out of copyright and thus lose
its copyleft: Anybody who wanted could distribute their own derivatives
of that GNU software without GPLing it. I wonder if that would bother
him, and/or the other creators?