[Sussex] My old laptop (1996-2011)

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:08:38 UTC 2011

On 12/03/11 17:11, Steven Dobson wrote:

> My netbook is the Asus Aspire One,

Either it is an Asus eee or it is an Acer Aspire One - which?

For me the Asus eee901 is a wonderful machine, in May I will have had it
3 years and apart from an early keyboard failure it remains very
reliable. I did though upgrade the 16GB SSD to a whopping 64GB so it now
has 68GB. It is particularly useful as one can run a system from the SD
card and this allows me to run the various alternative distros very easily.

I have used it frequently for doing presentations and as already
observed it is really convenient. But my main machine  is a (dual core)
Atom and uses a 1280 x 1024 display. The limitation of the Netbook is
it's display 1024 x 600 but it does cope very well and is frequently
used for showing some me getiplayer programmes.
With a mobile broadband dongle it has proved wonderful in the hospital.

So I thoroughly recommend that people do have one.