[Sussex] Eeepc1001px and wireless

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:24:10 UTC 2011

On 23/03/11 23:46, Steve Dobson wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> On 23/03/11 21:17, frank james wrote:
>> Mint, Fedora and Ubuntu are unable to configure the wirelss adaptor although wireless tools are installed. Puppy linux does it easily. Has anyone come across this and managed to find a way round. This is not urgent.
>> I should be grateful for an answer!
> I'm running Debian squeezy on a Acer Aspire One and have had no trouble
> at all.  I'm surprise you find it broken in Ubuntu.

I am not very surprised at this problem.
Going back a little I found problems with Ubuntu on my eee901 while
Mandriva PWP always worked.

In order to answer specifically the problem in hand we need knowledge of
the hardware.
On the previous eee machines we have, for the Wi-Fi the Atheros, RaLink
RT2860.

My suspicion here is that the 1001px contains another device - please
specify.

There is no possibility of answering the issue without this basic knowledge.