[Sussex] Tablet Talk Request

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Mon Oct 3 20:58:12 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Dave M. brought out his new Android tablet at the moot on Thursday. I
wanted to know more about its capabilities but there wasn't time to
ask. I've also eyed up the tablets at Phones4U but not known enough
about them.

I'd quite like to see some simple demos of what is possible with some
of these devices and hear their owners' opinions.

Things like how much RAM and storage, what's the connectivity like,
cost on contract or PAYG, resolution, can you change screen
orientation, what tricks can you do.

Things that are obvious to a seasoned user but a mystery to me as a
non-owner.

Any offers?

Anyone else interested in an evening spent huddled round these little
toys?

I was thinking both tablets and smaller hand-helds and the like.

 I'm also (a bit) interested in the new cheap Kindle available in the
US that Amazon seems to think owners will want to root. Like why?!

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group
www.eglug.org.uk