[Sussex] Sneaky

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:40:22 UTC 2011

I've just tuned in to  "this awful pirate radio station". It streams
here at about 74k without stuttering. I would suggest you get your
connection sorted out - are you on dialup? Just noticed someone else
here taking 4040k again with no stuttering. I attach a screenshot -
I'm on BBX , I think it's a mac(..16)  taking 6meg.  I'm on an 8 meg
(O2) connection about a mile from the dslam (exchange).  OK I've just
noticed there is a high bandwidth player and some broadband aac
players. I'm on mp3 radioplayer which sounds ok for me - maybe you
should check which version he's using.
Anyway if you do want to interfere I'm pretty sure my stream comes
from 78.129.202.200  8000 so thats what you need to redirect. Maybe
setup a proxy server (squid?) and catch it there, or block it on your
router and set up your own machine with that IP (- be very careful
with that one).
Tell us how you get on..
 .. but I really would have a good look at your connection first.
There should be room for everyone :)

Paul