[Sussex] What planet are they on ?

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 23:58:55 UTC 2011

I have 11.10x64 here. Firefox-edit-preferences-content has a section
marked "fonts and colours" where the default is serif it seems. Click
it and a list of fonts appear.
There's an advanced button too. It hides a little box which says allow
pages to choose their own fonts. I guess unticking it would force my
selection. But I'm not unhappy with the look of my fox.

Are you missing the list of fonts or just not finding the ones you installed?

Trying to make compiz work (against advice) I've broken unity - lost
the menu thing and panel contents like date and shutdown etc. I use a
keystroke to open a terminal and have to open windows from the command
line. Indeed following the lug talk in August I can now run windows
from another machine using ssh.  All good fun

Paul