[Sussex] What planet are they on ?

John The Fatbloke johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:05:15 UTC 2011

I hadn't but when I did, yes it showed the Windows fonts, but it also
co-incided with the font rendering becoming unstable i.e. in FireFox, the
page headers would show fine, but text within a page wouldn't show at all.
Also in the limited hope that the update that went through might be causing
the issue, I logged out and back in, but it got worse and just rendered the
text below the desktop icons as a series of boxes....

So at the moment, I'm using the former Windows user fallback/cure all and
running a reinstall, though this time its the ode version (I can almost hear
Steve groaning from here :-D ) oh and its the 32 bit version as well, as
that's historically (for me) proven more reliable and less hassle.....

Perhaps after about 8 years of various Linux use, I should know how to sort
problems like this, but alas I can't get out of the "dont care how it works,
just want it to work" mentality......

Hey Ho!