[Sussex] Orange HTC Desire HD and OpenStreetMap - Help Wanted

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Wed Oct 26 20:23:36 UTC 2011

Hi Saber, good to hear from you.

On 26 October 2011 21:01, Saber Razmjooei  wrote:
> Have you tried this:
> http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Just had a quick look. Would I be right in thinking this would void
the device warranty?

So it would be aimed at die-hard Android users rather than contract
holders who happen to acquire an Android as part of the deal? If a
phone is crucial to one's work, I would assume the warranty might take
priority. Unless there is a way of reverting back to vendor build.[1]

Having said that, I like what is on offer, especially the Phone
Goggles. Have you had cause to be glad that one is installed yet?

[1] When you start delving into all the wonderful possibilities, you
can't help wondering where all the gotchas are lurking, waiting to
entrap the unwary :-]

OTOH, too much caution and you'd never move off square one :-)

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group
www.eglug.org.uk